Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Crocheting for Baby - part 2

Baby cocoon with matching beret
Well, dear readers, I finished off the baby gifts for my co-workers shower (which is the 26th, and I'm not posting this until after the 26th because I don't know if the Mrs. co-worker reads my blog... I believe she is aware of it though). But, I am typing this on the 24th. With 2 days to go, I finished all three pieces.

I tell ya - I was getting a little worried.



I started out small in finishing the baby cocoon and beret. I used a pattern from the book Dreamy Cocoons, which I will do a review on in the next day or so. For the set, I used Lion Brand Pound of Love in Pastel Pink and Bubble Gum. While you cannot see it in the picture, the beret is trimmed on the bottom with the darker pink in the same trim the cocoon has. I'll admit, the cocoon and hat look a bit big and while the pattern says 0-3 months, I think it is closer to 3 months than 0... and yes, I measured, I am approximately 1 inch longer in the cocoon (which is a non-issue) and 1/2 inch SHORTER in circumference at the top - so really, mine is smaller than gauge but still seems pretty big.

Oh well - 3 months is September and September = weather appropriate for the cocoon and beret.

Outside
Once I finished that, I started on the 12 point baby afghan. I chose the pattern Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket by Celeste Young. Like the cocoon, I'll be doing a review of this pattern. Granted, I didn't follow her color suggestions, color change suggestions, or finishing - but I did use the pattern in general.

I chose to put the picture I took outside here so you could see the colors better along with the pattern of how I used the color. I used the same two pinks from the cocoon along with white in the same brand.

I finished the afghan on Sunday, June 24th - so with a little time to spare, I have completed three pieces for the baby shower.... and now I get to return to working on my State Fair project.


0 comments:

Post a Comment