Friday, January 25, 2013

FO Friday

I did it, I finally have an FO Friday post to.. well... post.

YIPPIE!

As you all know from my earlier posts this week I finished the crochet wrap I was making for my youngest daughter ... unfortunately, I HATE IT - it is so stiff.



Before I choose to admit that I made it, I am trying to kill the acrylic by hot washes and trips through the hot dryer. I'm really hoping that helps because if I can't get it somewhat passable, that is a lot of yarn wasted. There is no way to reclaim it via frogging.

On top of that disappointment, I did finish the knit headband I was making in the same pattern as my scarf.

I think this superwash wool is going to work out really nicely with keeping my ears warm. I really wish I had a wee bit more yarn left over from the scarf because I would definitely make a hat. BUT this will do. If anything I can wear a looser hat on top of it and use the headband to keep my ears nice and toasty.

I'm wearing it right now and my ears are definitely toasty

*smiles*

I am pretty sure I won't have an FO Friday for quite some time after this. Right now I have two projects I'd say that are active - and they are both going to take me a long time to finish: the Navajo Blanket and the Pimpelleise shawl.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday - be sure to come back later today for my weight loss challenge check-in. I'm hoping for a bit of a loss this week.

If you have a finished object to show off or just like reading about what other's have finished, then head over to Tami's Amis blog and check out her Mr. Linky.


4 comments:

Kikie said...

aww I hope that the finished wrap will be softened after wash :( I suppose to knit my pimpelliese too :| it's been a week since the last time I worked on it. it took forever *laughs* good luck on your weight loss challenge!

Cris said...

OH - you are working on a pimpelliese or have completed one? Do you have a project page on Ravelry showing your finished project?

Nicole said...

Fingers crossed that your wrap isn't as stiff in the end! That can be so frustrating. I do have to say that your headband really does look quite toasty. They make such great quick mindless projects when you need one, don't they?

Leandra LeMaster said...

Cris ,
On the wrap have you tried to steam iron it. Be sure to use a pressing cloth but this should soften the wrap right up. I have used this often to soften, just be sure that you don't stretch it beyond your desired size because it will be that away permenatly.

Post a Comment