Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ombre in Real Life

I am not sure how all of you are, but I can say that sometimes - the beauty of crochet and knitting and yarn seep into my every day life.

I wanted to share this photo with you (and pardon the grainy nature - it was taken on my crappeh cell phone).



As I drove into work the other day, I couldn't help but admire the beauty of the sky. Part of the sky was on fire. It was as if the horizon had been painted with the bright yellows and pinks from a childs paint kit. Everything was so bold.

I got out of my car and as I approached the building, I saw the sky in the windows and continued to admire the colors... and then it hit me - this is am amazing example of ombre in real life. I began to think of the colors and how they would translate to something like a scarf or hat.... and then I thought about some of the wonderful striped Noro scarves I had seen being made by the ladies in my yarn group, similar to these striped fingerless gloves.

I just thought I would share this moment of beauty and thoughts of yarn.

Have a great day and God bless!

1 comments:

Lisa Mills said...

I'm glad you shared! The picture really does look like the fingerless gloves =)

Post a Comment